Pets in Malta are very common and now with a couple of local hotels who are accepting pets too, more people even tourists are looking for vet clinics in Malta, veterinary resources or simply looking for animal surgeons or checking whether there are any local pet hospitals.
Recently I have been asked to compile a list of Malta vet clinics. I was not able to find easily an online website that clearly includes all professionals, but after some research I managed to prepare for you the following information, including as much detail as possible.
- All Animal Clinic (Raheb Street, Tarxien) Tel: 21693061
- Animal Aid (Oscar Zammit, Msida) Tel: 27838838
- Blue Cross Veterinary Clinic (Msida Road, Birkirkara) Tel: 21492174
- Highrise Clinic (Imradd Street, Ta’ Xbiex) Tel: 21322150
- Med Vet (Valley Road, Birkirkara) Tel: 21442843
- Qormi Vet Clinic (St Roque Street, Qormi) Tel: 21480480
- St Anne’s Veterinary Clinic (Faxxina Street, Swieqi) Tel: 21375067
- St Francis Pet Clinic (Kittenija Street, Zurrieq) Tel: 21641411
- St Simon’s Veterinary Practice (Giorgio Grognat Street, Mosta)
- Trevor’s Veterinary Clinic (Kananea Street, Attard) Tel: 21423100
- Vetcare (Misrah Lourdes, San Gwann) Tel: 21737277
Most of the veterinary surgeons and clinics are open from Monday to Friday for couple hours in the morning and then again late in the afternoon. As a general rule, I understand that they are open only for emergencies on Saturdays. Many vets do give their mobile numbers too and perform home visits as well. However I’m not listing such data publicly here, but will suggest you to contact or visit them directly for more details.
If you’re looking for the 24hr emergency vet line it’s 52502000. Do note, that it costs €5 a call.
Whilst hoping I included most of the Malta vets, please feel free to contact me or comment here if you know of other veterinary clinics, animal hospitals or surgeons. I also encourage you to leave your own personal reviews or recommendations.